Thursday, March 17, 2011

worst. day. ever.

It began at midnight... the gaging, the dry heaving and the puking.

Giovanni spent the rest of the night (and/or morning) waking up to this pattern, with no other symptoms. When I would give him a little something to drink he would thirstily gulp a little down then a moment later to several minutes later he would gag and throw up and repeat until there was nothing left. Biggy's dad came over and the two of them gave him a priesthood blessing.

We thought it might have been because I accidentally bumped his neck in the night or maybe connected to a goose egg on the head from day before and concerned we called and made a doctors appointment. The doctor didn't think it was related to either, she thought it might be a bug but made follow up arrangements at the hospital since he was still even in her office throwing up every little sip of liquid he drank.

They were planning on giving him an IV and terrified I called Biggy's parents for support, they are both experienced nurses. My own mother and Rossi were watching Cali and Jersey Rain for me when I went to the doctor and then the hospital.

My poor baby boy had to get poked twice which was horrifying for me (I hate needles!) but he was such a big boy and didn't even cry or jerk. They put on a numbing cream beforehand and it was quite effective, something I will have to remember the next time I might need and IV.

We stayed in the hospital another hour and all the tests they ran turned out well and he recovered rapidly after the IV, he even nursed a little (without gagging) and took a little nap. The whole ordeal from the doctor's office to the hospital lasted about 5 hours and I have been up since midnight cleaning up vomit, so needless to say this has been a very long day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness woman!! Do you need anything?? I am still awake if you need my help just call.

    ReplyDelete