Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am Mortified!


I don't know if I can ever show my face there again!

I had the absolute most mortifying experience today at the library. My sweet cheeked potty training two year old ran off for a minute while I was grabbing some books and as I was looking for him I heard this cry, "Help me, Mama." I found him in the very back corner with a very worried expression on his face. As I picked him up I felt his pants were wet and when I looked down I saw his shoe was caked with poop. He had an accident. And there was poop on the floor! All I had with me was just a grocery bag in my pocket so I quickly yanked off his shoe and stuffed everything in the bag just as he was beginning to cry, then I dropped my books and rushed out of there as fast I as I could, bag of hot poop in hand. In my hurry think I left my brain behind. I simply could not think rationally, I was so embarrassed and Huggy cried the whole two block walk home. After I got Giovanni all cleaned up and down for a nap I called my mom and told her what happened. I was so racked with guilt for not finding a librarian and notifying them of what happened before dashing out of there I needed some direction. She laughed at me and told me how irresponsible I was for leaving the scene of the crime and that I needed to make it right. She was right and I knew that but for some reason (humiliation?) I needed to laugh about it with someone first before I could confront it. So I called the library and talked to a sweet woman who let me know that "it's okay" and "these things happen" and "we'll take care of it." She was so nice, I still feel horrible but not as bad now.

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny!! Poor Giovanni must have been embarrassed too! At least no one knows it was you, I'm sure you could go back to the library. Maybe it was better that you called! Next time just have me run across the street and give you a spare diaper ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh funny. That was nice of you to call. :) I probably would not have.

    ReplyDelete