Saturday, March 12, 2011

Date Night Disaster

Yesterday I lost my phone, today it was my wallet, next it will be my mind.

I cannot believe how disorganized I forgetful I am! I am constantly loosing my cell phone, which reminds me... where is my phone?

I somehow left it in the side pocket of Giovanni's car seat last night and this was just after I finally found it hiding in a coat pocket under a wad of laundry on my bed the very same day.

I needed my phone this morning to call my mom and make sure she got her Bountiful Basket alright. Come to find out she had her own fiasco this morning with BB and couldn't get ahold of me to straighten it out.

When she went to pick up her basket she wasn't on the list, it was under my name because I ordered for her, but this slipped her mind as everyone was telling her she must be at the wrong location so she and my dad were going to drive clear out to Dixie Commons. On the way my mom said to turn around and go back because it simply didn't not make sense plus she new they'd never make it in time. On the way back it dawned on her that it would be under my name and she made it there just as they were cleaning up. My neighbor and friend is actually in charge of that site and was really sweet. She was just about to deliver it to my house.

I felt so bad but the end my mom got it figured out. It just goes to show the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Bad luck must be ingrained in our DNA.

How do I always manage to find myself in a crisis? I don't know.

This morning when we were just abou to leave for the Bounce House I could not find our free pass card we bought, it has like 7 unused passes on it. But [just my luck] I might have, maybe, probably, accidentally recycled it and we had to pay.

And then on our date tonight I managed to loose my wallet. Was it under my seat in the theater? No. Was it in the bathroom stall? No. Did someone turn it in? Nope, not in the lost and found. How about the restaurant? Not in the lost and found there either. Was it at our table? No. Wait... let me double check before I go search the parking lot. Oh there it is! I didn't see it at first. Then we had to dash over to get Giovanni from Grandma's house because it was already 9:40. But I can't help but bring bad karma where ever I go and so of course we were out of gas.

But I married one of the luckiest people I know who can attract just about anything he wants and we made to the gas station, filled up [almost] without a hitch [because I tried to help], made it home and now little Sweetums is sound asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment