Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Little "First Born"


My son has this ingenious way of playing, he has fun organizing and creating order. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't an expert at making a big old fashion mess. Even though he has his favorites he still cannot resist the urge to get everything out. "Dump it, Mama!"

Here he is sucking boogers out of his beloved dog Maxy's nose next to his orderly row of matchbox cars:
Giovanni was enjoying being the one behind the bulb syringe.
Everyone piled in the carriage and a truck that fit very precisely on top.
Maxy must have had to go to the bathroom.
Today I gave my fridge a much needed scrub down and as I was emptying everything out and shoving it all in a mass conglomeration in the middle of our little kitchen Giovanni was busy lining all the glass jars and a nice orderly fashion.

After reading the Birth Order Book by Dr. Kevin Leman it gave me a must better understanding of why my little first born son is the way he is. He has many first born qualities, he is ambitious, independent, in charge, loves helping, strong willed, and always right. If he were to point to that green car and call it red and I were to say, "Green." he would respond with a resounding, "Nope! ... Red."

Giovanni thinks he is a little adult he likes to do everything he sees his parents doing. If I am in the kitchen cooking he pulls up his own chair and works right along beside me. He likes to lead in fun and games, pick out the stories he wants to read, and tell me what he will and will not wear.

I feel blessed to have been introduced to the difference birth order makes on personality. It has given me the okay to take a step back and let Giovanni do his own thing. My goal is to instill confidence in him and to guide him toward excellence instead of OCD perfectionism and nurture leadership qualities because being number one makes him a born leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment